A delicious stuffing recipe that is bursting with flavor! This side dish is perfect for using up stale cornbread, so use up your leftovers and serve this hearty, spicy dish bursting with Mexican flavors for an unusual treat. Serve along chicken or pork, or stuff your turkey with this delicious stuffing for a memorable meal.
Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
- 8 c. toasted cornbread crumbled into ¼" pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb chorizo crumbled
- 1 green pepper minced
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 large carrot minced
- 2-3 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ c. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp chipotle hot sauce
- ¼ c. cilantro chopped
Elaboración paso a paso
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Add onion, carrots, pepper, and garlic to the chorizo and cook until vegetables have caramelised, about 10 minutes.
- Place cornbread in large buttered casserole dish. Add chorizo and vegetables and set aside.
- Add ½ c. broth to skillet and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Add to cornbread along with parsley, chipotle sauce, and pepper. Gently combine. If necessary add additional broth until stuffing is not dry but not overly wet.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
Source: Chorizo Parrillero