English Sausages (RECIPE)
- 1 lb of lean pork such as shoulder.
- 8 oz of pork fat.
- Salt and black pepper.
- 1 ½ oz of fresh breadcrumbs.
- Ground cloves.
- Egg yolks.
- Sausage skins.
Elaboración paso a paso
- Finely mince the lean pork and pork fat.
- Season generously with salt, black pepper, and at least a pinch each of nutmeg, cloves, mace and thyme.
- Add the breadcrumbs and egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate the mixture to make it easier to handle, then stuff into the skins and twist to secure the ends. If sausage skins are not available, coat with egg and dry breadcrumbs.
- Grill or fry to cook.