Andouille Sausage (RECIPE)
- Boneless pork butt about 5 lb, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- ½ cup of rustic rub.
- 1 ½ teaspoon of chili powder.
- ¼ cup of paprika.
- 1 ½ teaspoon of file powder.
- 3 teaspoons of black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- 1 ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- 2 teaspoons of salt.
- ¼ cup of garlic chopped.
Elaboración paso a paso
- Prepare the smoker.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the pork with all of the other ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 days.
- Remove from the refrigerator and pass the meat through a meat grinder with a ½-inch die attachment. Remove half of the meat and pass through the grinder a second time.
- Sturff half the sausage into 1 ½ inch casings.
- Tie the casings at 4-inch intervals for individual links.
- Form the remaining mixture into 4 oz patties.
- Place the casings and patties in the smoker and smoke for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the smoker and cool.