Sausage Coddle (RECIPE)
- 1 lb pork sausage links
- ½ lb smoked bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions sliced thinly
- 3 carrots chopped
- 4 large potatoes peeled and sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp parsley minced
- 1 c. beef stock
- 1 ½ c. Irish stout beer
- ½ c. heavy cream
Elaboración paso a paso
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Place sausage and bacon into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until sausage is browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Slice sausage into large chunks, and set sausage and bacon aside.
- Place 1/3 of the onions in the bottom of the baking dish. Follow with 1/3 of the carrots and potatoes. Arrange 1/3 of the sausage and bacon over the potatoes and season with salt, pepper, and parsley. Repeat twice more, until sausage has been used up.
- In small saucepan warm beef stock over low heat. Add stout beer and cream and whisk to combine. Pour liquid over sausage.
- Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are golden and cooked through, about 1 ½ hours.