Sausage and Baked Beans (RECIPE)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb pork sausage links
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 ½ c. beef stock
- 1 14.5 oz can tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 4 carrots cut into chunks
- 1 14 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Elaboración paso a paso
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook sausage until well-browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and stir until lightly browned and aromatic. Remove sausage and set aside to cool, keeping onion in the skillet.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut sausages into 1 ½-inch pieces.
- Add beef stock, tomatoes, tomato puree, and hot sauce into skillet, and bring mixture to simmer, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom.
- In slowcooker layer carrot, garbanzo beans, and kidney beans. Arrange sausage on top of beans, and pour sauce over sausage mixture. Cook on low for 4-6 hours and serve hot.