Sausage and Pumpkin Soup (RECIPE)
- ½ lb andouille sausage diced
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 ¼ c. onion chopped
- 1 tsp dried tyme
- 1 ½ lb pumpkin puree
- ¼ c. praline liqueur
- 8 c. chicken stock
- ½ c. packed brown sugar
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
Elaboración paso a paso
- In large skillet cook diced sausage with 2 Tbsp butter for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add onion, and saute until just soft. Stir in thyme and pumpkin, and cook 5 minutes.
- Slowly stir in liqueur, broth, and brown sugar. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Stir in cream and remaining butter. Warm through, but do not boil. Serve immediately.